Thursday, January 17, 2013

Here I Go Again

I realize that I'm starting to sound like a broken record.  I post about once a week (I'm going to go ahead and give myself more credit than I deserve here) and swear that THIS week, I'll post every day.  Each time I think about this blog, I think about all of the bloggers that really do this every single day.  Teachers, nonetheless!  In the midst of everything I'm doing for my kids at school, my kids at the daycare, and for myself, I feel like I have no time.  It's even a struggle to get myself to the grocery store and the bank.  I shudder to think about what I'll do when I have real responsibilities- like a husband or pets or babies or bills- to worry about.  Whew.  Hopefully my time management skills will improve by then.  It doesn't help that I've been in a rush to complete my e-portfolio in order to receive my "Verification of Program Completion" from the School of Education.  I have made phone calls and written e-mails to people in multiple departments of UW to try and get this done as soon as possible.  Alas, after several days of trying, I found out nothing can be submitted to DPI until my student teaching time is officially over next Friday.  At least I can say that my undergraduate degree requirements are complete.  

As I type this, I have five school days left with my students.  It's really incredible to me that my 18 weeks with them has almost expired.  They are so bright, so funny, and so loving.  I am amazed all the time with the things that they say and do.  I've been jotting down some of my favorite conversations with them over the last couple of weeks.  One of these nights I'll write them all in a post. 

Though I am done with my requirements at UW, at school we are in the midst of report card season.  I had no idea how in depth report cards have gotten.  I think it can be powerful for parents and teachers to have such detailed records of student performance, but it takes so much teacher time.  From assessing students to writing report cards, this is a crazy time of year.  I have done much of the writing instruction during my student teaching time, so my CT decided to have me write that portion of the report card.  Each student is assigned a score for each of the writing standards in either 2nd or 3rd grade.  There is also a box for commentary on each of the standards.  I've been taking notes throughout the week and plan on getting that done when I get home tonight.  A teacher's job is never done!

PS. When I left our closing circle today, C said, "I'm just gonna hang on to your leg and never let you go.  Yep, that's what I'm gonna do.  I'm just gonna hang on to your leg.  Wherever you go, I'll always be hangin' on to you."  Oh, sweet boy, I'll always be hangin' on to you, too. 

Love,
Ms. T

No comments:

Post a Comment